Friday, August 29, 2008

Please, just... no.


I was hoping I would never have to address this issue. But things have gone too far. This needs to stop.

Why, why, WHY are they making a Dragonball Z movie? WHYYYYY? And live action to boot!

There's just so many things wrong with this concept. Didn't anyone learn from Speed Racer? Dragonball Z is just a bunch of guys yelling and leaping through the air with energy lines behind their heads.

Don't get me wrong, I devoted HOURS to watching the show. It got the the point where I could tell within seconds of turning on the TV whether I had seen the episode or not. Which is saying something, because at least 63%* of every episode was made up of Gohan/Goku/Piccolo/Frieza/Cell powering up their special attack. There's only so many ways you can animate someone at the epicenter of an energy attack.

Anyway, the plot is incomprehensible. Not to say that I couldn't explain it at one point, because I watched several seasons. But making a movie-length version is just misguided. And a live-action version?!? COME ON. Not to even get INTO the issue that the people playing Goku and Bulma aren't even, you know, Asian. I just... AARRRGGHH! KATE SMASH!

And I really don't want to see James Marsters debase himself as Piccolo. I like him! His gay-off with Captain Jack in Torchwood was the highlight of season 2! How could he DO this to himself?

Oh, right... the money.

*22% was devoted to the attack itself, and the rest of the show was devoted to the aftermath/Goku eating noodles.

2 comments:

jennyklane said...

hahahahahaha. WHY do people insist on casting non-ethnically accurate characters? The Goku eating noodles scenes are my favorite.

Kate Austin-Avon said...

Ever seen this KoL character? Check his sweet Draggin' Ball hat...