Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nerd Demographics: Chick Gamers

Description: Chick gamers are a rare and wonderful breed. Gaming is an overwhelmingly male pastime, so my dude friends assure me that finding a female to play video games with (or against) is pretty special. The sign of a true chick gamer is that she plays for herself and by herself, not just to impress guys. If you're not sure, look for these clues:
  • More than one platform in the house.
  • Upgraded hardware (nicer controller, bigger hard drive, etc.).
  • Turn on the console (or PC). Dedicated profiles are a must.

Lucky for you, I happen to have some experience in this arena, so I prepared this chart illustrating the female gaming continuum:

How to make friends: Ask to borrow their copy of Bioshock (or Katamari Damacy, or Soulcalibur IV... you get the picture.)

How to get them in bed: Challenge them to a game. You don't have to let them win; chances are they'll kick your ass regardless. The excess adrenaline will work to your advantage, believe me. (Note: chick gamers are ALWAYS good in bed, so this is a worthy endeavor.)

How to make enemies: "Oh, is this your ex-boyfriend's copy of Gears of War?"

3 comments:

jennyklane said...

I love you so much.

Kate said...

Awwww, shucks.

Anonymous said...

I would totally play games. I heart them. I could absolutely become an RPG addict - especially now that my husband has a job that will take him away a lot. But you see, I have several other addictions. Karaoke Revolution (yes, I like to drink wine and sing along with Japanese characters to bad pop songs by Avril Levigne). Yarn and knitting - I can't stop. I'm becoming a yarn junkie. It's a problem. I have enough stashed yarn to knit two years' worth of projects. Seriously. How about writing/reading/guitar playing? I do that all the time. And the gym - 90 minutes a day. So there is just no TIME for me to get into gaming. But I do have a blackberry now and if someone comes up with WOW for Blackberry, I could maybe do that.