Saturday, September 27, 2008

My brain just exploded.

Okay guys, I promise after this I won't post anything about gaming for like, a week. But this news, via Kotaku, is too cool NOT to mention:

Level 5 Games is teaming up with Studio Ghibli to make an RPG, called Ninokuni: THE ANOTHER WORLD. Unfortunately, the game will be for the Nintendo DS. Which I don't have.



In case this news is meaningless to you, let me explain. Level 5 is an independent game developer, responsible for some of the best games I've ever played, including the Dark Cloud series, and Dragon Quest VIII, my all-time favorite game ever in the history of the universe. Um, I like the game, is what I'm saying.

Studio Ghibli, meanwhile, is the anime movie studio responsible for my favorite movie, Spirited Away. A couple other people liked it, too.

So, to wrap up, this promises to be one of the best partnerships EVER. I only wish I was going to be able to play it myself. Sigh. Isn't that always the way?

No comments: