Thursday, January 15, 2009

Be seeing you.

I found out this morning that Patrick McGoohan died. He was 80. This made me unutterably sad.

McGoohan was one of the creative forces behind The Prisoner, one of my favorite shows. In addition to starring in the show as No. 6, he also wrote and directed many of the episodes, using various aliases. He even helped write the theme song.

I recently watched all of the episodes of The Prisoner over the course of a couple of days. I watched it so much I inadvertently started using the Village Salute. It's really a work to be commended for its vision, use of symbolism, and perspective.

Anyway, I have nothing to add to the many obituaries celebrating his life and work. I just wanted to say that I'm sad he's gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who this man is. However, anytime a beloved famous person dies, it makes me sad. I'm still reeling from the death of Paul Newman. WAAAAAH!