Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My new obsession.

I recently caught on (some would say I grokked) to the lifehacking trend of customizing your desktop.

I'm a nerd, but not a computer geek. So I never spent any time thinking about my desktop, really, aside from occasionally wiping off the gazillion old shortcuts that accumulate or changing the wallpaper. But I've been reading lately about how the look and feel of your desktop can improve your productivity. The theory being that the more icons and alerts you have going, the more distracted you will be.

So I downloaded a couple of little gadgets (namely Rocketdock and Rainmeter) and made myself a fresh new look:



I'll let you know how it goes as far as improving my productivity. I'm still tweaking the icons a bit as well. Looks cool, anyway.

2 comments:

jennyklane said...

Ohhh! Cool!

jennyklane said...

Oh and I have consequently downloaded Rocketdock and spent like an hour making it pretty.